1. I'm now writing on behalf of the classmates to invite you to come and attend it, if you can spare the time.
2. I sincerely invite you to watch the show because…
3. You can reach me through my phone number 4476655 at your convenience.
I’m writing to invite you to the Golden Autumn Music Festival of our school. The festival has been a great tradition of our school for over 20 years, and this year it will be held from 12th to 14th September. There will be many activities, including lectures on Chinese and Western music and singing and dancing performances. A concert will be put on by students on the evening of 14th September. I know you play the guitar and sing very well. You’re welcome to give a performance. I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun.
Looking forward to your reply.
1. I am writing to ask for more information about it.
2. There are some pieces of information that I'd like to share with you.
3. The most significant thing you should keep in mind is that…
I am a student in China and I plan to go to Britain to attend a summer school during the vacation. I've seen your ad, and I'd like to know something more about your six-week English courses.
First, when will the course start and how many Class hours are there per week? Besides, I wish there would not be too many students in a class. I'd also like to know how much I have to pay for the course and whether accommodation is included.
Would there be host family or university dormitory?
I am looking forward to your early reply.
1. I would be very grateful if you could…
2. I would appreciate it if you could offer me a hand.
3. Thanks for your kind consideration and I look forward to receiving your earliest reply.
4. If you need further information, do let me know.
(2016年全国Ⅰ卷) 假定你是李华，暑假想去一家外资公司兼职，已写好申请书和个人简历(resume)。给外教Ms. Jenkins 写信，请她帮你修改所附材料的文字和格式(format)。
I’m Li Hua from your English writing class last term. I’m writing to ask for your help. I’m applying for a part-time job at a foreign company in my city during the summer vacation, and I have just completed my application letter and resume. However, I’m not quite sure of the language and the format I’ve used. I know you have a very busy schedule, but I’d be very grateful if you could take some time to go through them and make necessary changes. Please find my application letter and resume in the attachment.
Thank you for your kindness!
1. I sincerely hope that my application could be favorably considered.
2. The ad is really very appealing to me, so I'm now writing to you in the hope of filling in the job vacancy.
3. I really want to obtain this precious opportunity because…
I’m writing to ask if I could work in your art gallery as a volunteer. I’m a visiting student at a British school in your city for a two-month stay. I read your advertisement on the school website, and I’m pleased to know that you’re going to hold a Chinese painting exhibition. I’m very interested in it. I love art, and I’ve been learning traditional Chinese paining in the last few years. My English is good enough for communication. I can help visitors better understand Chinese paintings. I can even show them how to paint with Chinese brush and ink.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
1. Almost perfect as it is, it should make more improvement in some area.
2. And I've found that my problem lies chiefly in two aspects. For one thing, … For another thing, …
我发现我的问题主要在于两个方面。一方面，…... 另一方面， …...
3. I believe that, with the joint efforts of both teachers and students, our school will become a more enjoyable place in the near future.
(2011年全国Ⅱ卷) 假定你是李华，你所喜爱的Global Mirror 周报正值创刊五周年之际征集读者意见。请你依据以下内容给主编写封信，内容主要包括：
Congratulations on the 5th anniversary of Global Mirror！
I’m a regular reader of your newspaper. I like it very much mainly for the following two reasons. First, it covers both national and international news so that, by simply turning the pages, I can learn all important things that have happened during the week. Equally attractive are the success stories of world-famous people, which help me understand how a person can work hard to make the world a better place.
As a young student, I suggest that Global Mirror carry articles to guide us in our English learning, and I hope that it will become even more popular.
1. I'm writing this letter to express my sincere gratitude to you for teaching me the English song.
2. Without your help, the performance couldn't have been that successful.
3. I'd like to express my thanks for your hospitality and kindness when | was in America.
4. In addition, what has impressed me most is…
(2008年全国Ⅰ卷)假定你是李华，从小喜爱大熊猫 (panda)，一直通过有关网站 (website)关注三年前在美国圣地亚哥动物园出生的大熊猫“苏琳”和她的母亲“白云”。现在苏琳即将三岁。请根据以下要点给动物园工作人员写一封信：
This is Li Hua, a student in China，I've been fond of pandas since my childhood. Since three years ago, when the panda Baiyun gave birth to a baby panda Sulin, I have been visiting your website to keep myself informed about how things are going for them. If Iremember clearly, she will turn three soon. I want to say happy birthday to her and express my thanks to you for your hard work, with which she has been brought up and has been living happily with her parents in the US.
By the way, I wonder if I could have a photo taken of Sulin on her third birthday. Thank you very much in advance.
1. Taking into account all three factors above, I request that the company should have a change of it for me as soon as possible.
2. But we are regretful to find that it cannot work normally.
3. Your prompt attention and early reply will be appreciated.
4. I am waiting for a reasonable explanation and expecting an early reply.
I feel sorry to trouble you but I am afraid that I have to make a complaint.
Yesterday I bought an electric fan in your shop, but when I got home and turned it on, it didn't work. So I took it back and talked to the assistant about the problem. To my surprise, instead of helping me solve the problem, the man, in a rude manner, refused to examine it.
Generally, your shop is well-known for good service and that is why I bought the electric fan in your shop. I was really upset to find that such a thing should have occurred in your shop.
I am waiting for a reasonable explanation and expecting an early reply.
1. I feel terribly sorry for missing the chance of answering your letter in time.
2. Anyhow, I sincerely hope that we can fix another time for...
3. I'm awfully sorry for the sudden change of plan feel it a great pity to miss the opportunity.
I’m sorry to say that I cannot go to the bookstore with you on Friday afternoon. I have just found that I have to attend an important class meeting that afternoon. I hope the change will not cause you too much trouble.
Shall we go on Saturday morning? We can set out early so that we’ll have more time to read and select books. If it’s convenient for you, let’s meet at 8:30 outside the school gate. If not, let me know what time suits you best. I should be available any time after school next week.
1. When we arrived at the farm, there are all kinds of animals, green fresh vegetables and fruit trees in the farm.
2. One group was responsible for picking fruits, the other packed up the fruits.
3. Through this activity, we know how hard the farmers are and how precious the food is.
4. Tired as I was, I never felt so happy.
Organized by the student union, a group of volunteers went to Hope Farm to help the farmers pick peaches last weekend. The farm is situated at the foot of a mountain. The sky is blue and the air is fresh. We were attracted by the beautiful scenery. There are different kinds of fruit trees as well as a variety of animals.
On arriving, we saw red ripe peaches hanging on the tree. Using baskets and ladders, We first picked the ones that were most beautiful in color, then those that were ripe and soft. I couldn’ t wait to take a bite, and the sweet juice went down my throat. l was grateful for this opportunity to get close to nature. Not only would l be able to experience fruit picking, but l could also feast on the sweetness!
1. He works very hard every day but he will also spare some time to accompany me and share many funny things with me about his work.
2. When I come across the problems of learning in my study, my father will listen to me patiently and encourage me to overcome the difficulties bravely.
3. Ordinary-looking as he is, he has rich teaching experience and he is deeply respected by other teachers and students.
4. So, in my mind my father is the person I respect most and I love him deeply.
There are many respectable people around us.
There are many respectable people around us. I have great admiration for Mr. Sun, my English teacher, a middle-aged man of few words.
First, his helpfulness and kindness win him great popularity and a good reputation among us. Whatever difficulties we come across, he doesn’t hesitate to come to our aid. In some sense, he is virtually a beacon of hope, encouraging us never to give up. On top of that, it is his rich experience and devotion to teaching that not only give us easy access to professional knowledge but most importantly shape our character.
Such is Mr. Sun that I have the highest respect for him. (103 words)
There are many respectable people around us. My mum, an ordinary middle-aged woman, is one of the people who I love and respect most. Born into a poor family, she has always been independent and cherished what she has had. Now she is a teacher, works well into midnight, but seldom, if ever, complains.
The reason why I show respect for her is that she never loses temper but instead always encourages me. My thoughts flashed back to the days when I felt cast down on account of my poor academic performance. Aware of my low spirits, she told me firmly that as long as I tried my best, she would take pride in me whatever the result would be. In the meanwhile, she secretly stuck some famous sayings such as "where there is a will, there is a way" on my table, reminding me to keep a positive attitude toward life. With her constant encouragement and unconditional trust, I regained my confidence and continued to pursue my dream. Were it not for her, I couldn't be what I am now.
Such is my beloved mum, a simple yet great woman, like a beam of sunshine, shining me the road ahead.
The person I respect
There are many respectable people around us. The one I respect most is my aunt, a middle-aged nurse, always wearing a smile and a determined look, who fought against the COVID-19 during the tough times of the epidemic.
Her selfless devotion to her job never fails to appeal to me. With a good knowledge of medical care, she strengthens her resolve to be an excellent nurse and cares enough for her patients. Additionally, it is her passionate belief in what she is doing that leaves a deep impression on me. Faced with the outbreak of the epidemic, she went to Wuhan without a second thought, where she helped to save hundreds of lives. Whenever I encounter difficulties, her heroic deeds will flash through my mind and motivate me to overcome them.
Admittedly, words cannot express my admiration and respect for her. What she has done sheds light on the future lying before me.
There are many respectable people around us. Among them, the person I respect most is Zhong Nanshan, who has become a household name for his great contributions to defeating virus.
Zhong Nanshan, a medical scientist, is a leading figure in the battles against SARS in 2003 and COVID in 2019, winning him the worldwide respect. Every time I see the pictures, in which he is fighting to save people’s lives, I cannot help being moved by him. What impresses me most is that aged 84, he rushed to the front line of the epidemic area without hesitation at the beginning of the outbreak of COVID-19 epidemic. Dangerous though it was, Zhong Nanshan and his workmates worked hard day and night to treat the patients infected with COVID-19. With their great efforts, remarkable results were achieved and the COVID-19 was finally under control.
His dedication to work and to people is admirable, which truly inspires me to become a man like him in the future.
There are many respectable people around us. The one I respect most is Mr. Huang, my head teacher and English teacher in Senior Three. His teaching has made a great difference to my study as well as my life.
As a head teacher, Mr. Huang is really careful and considerate. He regards us as his own children. While he is so strict with us in our study, he does care about our lives. What moves us most is that he cooks eggs for us every morning and brings us something delicious to eat sometimes. Mr. Huang is born a good English teacher because he can always make his classes so interesting and attractive that we all enjoy having English classes and have made great progress in English. We have found it easy to learn English well since we became his students. We learn a lot from him, not only the way to learn English but also how to be a good person.
Mr. Huang is respected by all the students. It's he that fulfills our senior school life. We feel it lucky to have such an excellent teacher and thank him for what he has done for us from the bottom of our hearts. (197 words)
The person I respect
There are many respectable people around us. Zhong Nanshan, a famous elderly medical expert , is the one who I admire most.
First of all, we should express great respect for Zhong Nanshan, because China wouldn’t have made such achievements in the battle against the COVID-19 outbreaks without him. He was born in Jiangsu, grew up in Guangdong and graduated from Beijing Medical College in 1960. Ordinary-looking as he is, he is extraordinary in his work. In the spring of 2003, not only did Dr. Zhong lead the team, but also took an active part in and finally won the battle against SARS. Therefore, he was honored as one of the ten of China’s inspirational role models in 2004. He is regarded as one of the most famous medical scientists in the 21st century.
He sets a good example to us teenagers and he is really an excellent scientist who deserves my admiration and respect.
1. As the saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. 俗话有说，入乡随俗。
2. It takes over ten experts and professors four years to finish this dictionary.
假设你是晨光中学高二（ 1 ）班的班长李华，得知美国学生 Chris 作为交换生，下学期将到你班学习。请你根据以下提示，给他写封邮件：
参考词汇：交换生 exchange student
I'm Li Hua, the monitor of Class One Grade Eleven.
I ' m very excited about your coming to our school next term as an exchange student.
Firstly, I'd like to tell you about the weather in my city, which is often windy and cold in winter. So you should bring your warm clothes. Secondly, would you mind eating noodles? Because people here mainly live on wheat flour. However, don't worry about it. You will have no difficulty in finding western food. Thirdly, I want to introduce our class to you. The teachers in our school are not only experienced and knowledgeable, but also patient and understanding. Everyone in my class is active. I hope you will soon become a member of our Class.
l'm looking forward to your coming.
1. Today I am very glad to have the chance to run for the vice president of the English Club.
2. It was with sincerity and faithfulness that we created a harmonious atmosphere.
3. I am sure that with your great efforts, you will enjoy a colorful and fruitful life here.
参考词汇：副主席 vice president 竞选 run for
Good afternoon, my dear friends,.
My name is Li Hua. Today I am very glad to have the chance to run for the vice president of the English Club. I feel qualified to take the job. Not only have I gained a lot of experience from my job as monitor but I am also good at organizing activities.
Looking in the future, I will try my best to assist the president and serve my fellow students if I am lucky enough to be the vice president. For one thing, I will organize some campus activities, like "English Evening", a platform where students can show their English. For another, I will organize more activities to enhance the interschool communication.
I sincerely hope you will give me a chance.
1. The street is to the south of Tian'anmen Square.
2. It can date back to six hundred years and has a length of about 800 metres，along which lie 300 shops.
3. It's a small flat of 25 square meters, with a bedroom a bathroom and a kitchen.
4. The city stands on the bank of the Changjiang River.
(2009年全国Ⅱ卷)假定你是李华，你的美国朋友 Sarah 打算暑期来北京旅游，来信询问改建后前门大街的情况。请你写封回信，简单介绍以下内容：
1. 简况：长 800 余米、 600 多年历史、 300 余家商铺；
3. 交通：公共汽车 17 、 69 、 59 等路，地铁2号线；
参考词汇：步行街 pedestrian street；当当车 trolley car；地铁 subway
Thank you for your letter asking about the rebuilt of Qianmen Street. Here is something about it. Qianen Street is a famous street of over 600 years old. Along this 800-metre street, there are more than 300 shops.
As the street is in the center of Beijing, just to the south of Tian'anmen Square, it's very convenient to get there by bus. You may take buses NO. 11, 69 or 59！Subway Line 2 has a stop there too. Qianmen Street is a pedestrian street, but there are trolley cars to take you not only to the shops, but also to the theaters and teahouses where you can experience a truly Chinese way of life. I'm sure you'll like it.
1. The following are our preliminary arrangements for your review and comments.
2. Please feedback whether you're satisfied with this schedule, and we will make some changes if necessary.
3. If there is anything I can do for you, I would be more than glad to help.
(2004年全国Ⅱ卷) 假设你是李华，加拿大一所学校将于今年暑假组织学生来你校访问。其间， Andy smith 将借住你家。请你代表全家写信给 Andy ，欢迎他的到来，并告知有关事宜。信的要点如下：
I am glad to learn that you are coming to China and will stay at my home. My parents and I are very pleased to have you with us. Now let me tell you what we have arranged for you.
I know the school will organize a lot of things for you to do in the morning, but in the afternoon show you around and take you to some places of interest. We'll mostly stay at home in the evening watching TV, playing games, and meeting people.
I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time and enjoy each other's company. l'm looking forward very much to meeting you soon.
1. The whole journey covered five miles from the school gate to the foot of the south mountain.
2. Teachers and students who are interested in…participated in it..
3. Not only does it build up our body but it also enriches our school life.
4. Everyone thinks highly of this activity, for it is a good chance to…
A Cross-Country Running Race
Last Sunday witnessed an extraordinary cross-country running race, which nearly drew the attention of every student and teacher of our school.
The students selected from every class took part in the competition. The route measured five kilometers, from our school gate to the foot of Nanshan Mountain. Every runner tried their best to finish the task, with their classmates along the way giving them necessarily help as well as encouragement. At last, all the runners managed to arrive the finish line, receiving cheers from all the directions.
The activity was highly spoken of, because not only did it provide chance for us to exercise, but also made us more cohesive.
1. Our school is looking for a native speaker of English to …
2. If you are interested in the job information, please reply to me as soon as possible.
3. You can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform me.
你也可以发邮件到 CCC20091201@sina.com 来通知我。
4. The main responsibilities of the advisor include...
5. If you are interested, please call Li Hua at 13011223344 for an interview.
(2010年全国Ⅱ卷) 假设你是李华，你的美国笔友 Peter 表示希望来中国教书。你校现在需招聘外教，请给他写封信，告知招聘信息。内容主要包括：
3. 工作量：每周 12 学时，任选三门课，担任学生英语俱乐部或英语校报顾问 (advisor)。
I remember you told me you were interested teaching in china. Now, here is some good news that I hope will appeal to you.
You see, our school is looking for a native speaker of English to teach some courses to the senior high school students, who have at least three years of English learning experiences. The courses include speaking, writing, Britain Today and America Today, from which you are expected to choose three to teach. Once you are employed, you are expected to work 12 hours a week. Besides teaching you also have to work as an advisor to our Students' English Club or our school's English newspaper.
If you are interested in the job information, please reply to me as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I'm always ready to help you with questions you might come up with.
1. Please bring your pens and notebooks with you and attend the meeting on time.
2. Those who want to take part in the contest, please sign up…
(2018年全国Ⅱ卷) 你受学生会委托为校宣传栏“英语天地”写一则通知，请大家观看一部英文短片Growing Together，内容包括：
In order to have a better understanding of our school, an outstanding English short movie about our school will be shown in the library from 2:30 to 4:00 in the afternoon on June 9th. It is organized by the Students' Union. Here are some relevant details about it.The short movieGrowing Together is about the development of our beloved school. It will be not only meaningful but also interesting. Everyone will be welcome to watch it, enjoying the movie, having a heated discussion afterwards and giving your own comments. Please do not be late.
1. Since you were out, I have to leave this note to you.
2. I am sorry that I can't attend the party to be held this Friday at your apartment.
3. I wonder if it is possible for the talk to be recorded.
(2009年全国Ⅰ卷)假定你是李华，正在英国接受英语培训，住在一户英国人家里。今天你的房东Mrs.Wilson 不在家，你准备外出，请给Mrs. Wilson写一留言条，内容包括：
1 ）咖啡屋（Bolton Coffee）见面取消
I'm going out shopping and won't be back until about 5:00 pm. I have taken with me the two books you asked me to return to the City Library. At about 1 o'clock this afternoon, Tracy called, saying that she couldn't meet you at Bolton Coffee tomorrow morning as she had something important to attend to. She felt very sorry about that, but said that you could set some other time for the meeting. She wanted you to call her back as soon as you are home. She has already told Susan about this change.